Primary Care zone
New to Confed19, the Primary Care zone will host a number of sessions throughout the two-days at conference and will be delivered by our primary care provider network, the National Association of Primary Care (NAPC).
As the NHS Long Term Plan looks to break down the divide between primary, community and acute health services, our new zone is an excellent opportunity to discuss future working together across the sectors and learn from colleagues who’ve successfully embedded integrated care.
Taking place in the exhibition hall at stand FA6, the zone will:
- explore how to build collaboration with the focus on improving population health
- discuss and provide practical examples on partnerships and integration
- examine how our workforce should be built around the healthcare services needed for the local population, including a greater emphasis on team-based care
- provide opportunities to learn from the success of NAPC’s primary care home model, which has influenced the policy on primary care networks and integrated care around populations of 30 – 50,000 people
- highlight examples of international learning
- live-stream keynote addresses from NHS England Chief Executive Simon Stevens and the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care Matt Hancock.
During breaks in the main conference programme, the zone will have drop-in clinics where you can ask the experts from NAPC and zone sponsors Centene UK and Capsticks for advice on how to take integration forward and discuss the challenges ahead. The agenda for the zone will be released in the coming weeks.
There are now more than 230 primary care home (PCH) sites across the country, serving ten-million people, with many more emerging as the NAPC works with (ICSs) and STPs across the country. Several of these are advanced primary care networks who have been successfully embedding integrated care approaches working in partnership with acute, mental health, community, local government and the voluntary sector.
Special primary care delegate rate
For £149+VAT primary care delegates will have access to the Confed19 exhibition floor and primary care zone. If you would like full access to the Confed19 programme, you will be able to register with our discounted NHS Confederation member rate. Visit our bookings page to find out more and to book your place.
About the sponsors
|Centene UK is a health and care organisation with a specific focus on supporting and enabling integration. We establish long-term partnerships with the NHS and other public sector organisations to improve outcomes for patients and citizens through the delivery and coordination of care.
Centene UK is part of the Centene group of organisations including Ribera Salud and will be leading sessions on integrated care in practice and international learning.
|Capsticks’ legal experts have been have been advising the full spectrum of NHS organisations for around 40 years and are at the forefront of advising commissioners, GPs, social care providers and trusts on how to structure and govern the integration of services.|