What are cookies?
Can I turn off cookies?
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their device intrusive. Although generally harmless, you might not want to see advertising targeted to your interests or want websites to recommend information.
Important: if you choose to disable cookies, a number of important functions and services could be unavailable to you and our websites might not operate correctly in your browser.
All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, or select the use the 'help' option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
If you’re concerned about third party cookies generated by advertisers, you can turn them off by going to the Your Online Choices website.
To opt-out of third-parties collecting data regarding your interaction on our website, please refer to instructions on their website for further information.
What cookies does the NHS Confederation use?
We use several cookies across our websites to provide you with the best browsing experience and help you find information that is useful to you.
- Recommended content – on some of our websites, we use anonymous cookies to recommend content that we feel may be of interest to you based on your previous browser information. For example, if you have browsed content on a specific topic, we might let you know about an upcoming and related event
- Embedded content -On some pages, we use plug ins or embedded media to deliver engaging experiences. For example, we may embed YouTube videos, an online form, image or an interactive quiz. The platform owners of embedded content (e.g. YouTube) may set cookies on your device when you visit the pages that displays this content. These third-party cookies are delivered on behalf of their respective organisations are beyond the control of the NHS Confederation. You should refer to third party websites for information about these types of cookies.
We may use persistent third-party cookies to target advertisements to you on the internet after you have visited our websites and as you browse the internet. These adverts will relate to NHS Confederation services or events that you may have expressed an interest in. We will not contact you directly without consent given. Advertising cookies are anonymous and don’t store your personal data. They enable us to see how many people have seen our advertisements and have clicked on them. Companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies.
Some anonymous session information may also be collected and with help from third-parties gives us an understanding of how people are using the website and enable us to target our advertisements better. These cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks, in this case we are using Crimtan Holding Limited. The cookies on our website remember the webpages you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers to help with our strategic marketing campaign.
If you wish to opt out of marketing cookies, please opt out directly.
|optout||This cookie is associated with Crimtan Holding Limited for the purpose of consented relevant advertising||Persistent||reflow.tv||Targeting||3rd|
|__tmbid||This cookie is associated with Crimtan Holding Limited for the purpose of consented relevant advertising||Persistent||consentag.eu||Targeting||1st|
|opt_token||This cookie is associated with Crimtan Holding Limited for the purpose of consented relevant advertising||Persistent||ctnsnet.com||Targeting||3rd|
|sn||This cookie is associated with Crimtan Holding Limited for the purpose of consented relevant advertising||Persistent||reflow.tv||Targeting||3rd|
|cid||This cookie is associated with Crimtan Holding Limited for the purpose of consented relevant advertising||Persistent||ctnsnet.com||Targeting||3rd|
|uq||This cookie is associated with Crimtan Holding Limited for the purpose of consented relevant advertising||Persistent||reflow.tv||Targeting||3rd|
|bid||This cookie is associated with Crimtan Holding Limited for the purpose of consented relevant advertising||Persistent||consentag.eu||Performance||3rd|
Links to other sites
This website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for cookie, privacy or content on websites not owned by the NHS Confederation.